Servers are the eyes, ears, and voice of the restaurant and must have excellent inter-personal skills. They must interact simultaneously with the back of house, their co-workers in the front and – most importantly – be pleasant, welcoming and hard working for the customers while maintaining a calm demeanor and sense of efficiency. They must:
- Be able to anticipate the guests needs, and be attentive to any concerns, special needs or food allergies
- Be knowledgeable of the preparation, ingredients and presentation of all menu items and daily specials
- Have a current VI Health Department health card, and be knowledgeable of and use good sanitation practices in accordance with the restaurant’s Health and Safety Standards policy
- Have an excellent sense of attention to detail, anticipating everything the guest will need to immediately enjoy their meal without delay
- Work efficiently to minimize wait times between courses and to expedite the payment by guests at the end of the meal
- Work pleasantly and diplomatically to address any concerns or complaints expressed by the guests without the immediate need to involve management
- Be able to carry and serve what may be heavy trays of dishes and glassware
- Have stamina for spending long periods of time on their feet
- Be willing to assist their co-workers in making sure the guest has a positive dining experience
- Be trustworthy in handling cash, credit cards and have a good working knowledge of the restaurant’s Point of Sale system and credit card processing procedures
Must be able to communicate in English (writing and speaking). Great attention to detail and talent in guest relations management with motivation to go the extra mile.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Previous experience preferred but not required.