Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the kitchen is clean, well maintained and organized at all times.
- Ensure floors are dry and clean at all times.
- Operate pot and dish washing machinery and maintain a hygienic working environment in accordance with hygiene regulations and company standards.
- Adhere to all sanitation guidelines.
- Assist the cooks and servers as and when necessary.
- Collects and removes trash from all areas of the operation following established procedures.
- Dispose of waste as per the hotel and authority standards.
- Ensure waste bin area is kept clean and tidy.
- Carry out general cleaning as directed to include sweeping, mopping up, washing up, emptying of rubbish bins and boxes ensuring placement in the correct containers
- Clean and sanitize pots, pans, utensils, and other minor equipment routinely used in the kitchen following established procedures.
- Clean and maintain floors and walls in kitchen and dish washing area by following standard procedures.
- Clean and sanitize dishes and related service ware following established procedures.
- Clean large equipment as assigned, following established procedures.
- Consistently adhere to SDS (Safety Data Sheet) information related to the proper and safe use of chemicals in the workplace.
- Knowledge and proficiency in operation of industrial dish washers.
- Ensure all equipment is clean and in good working order.
- Check all chemical levels and inventory.
- Wash, wipe, sort, stack dishes, and load/unload dishwasher
- Wash, wipe, sort, stack and store all cleaned items in an organized and safe manner.
- If any broken or chipped items are found, remove them from circulation and update the breakage and inventory register.
- Clean, sanitize and close workstations.
- Use and maintains all equipment according to manufacturer and department guidelines.
- Report any maintenance or hazard issues to the kitchen manager.
- Assist in light food preparation as directed by manager or chef on duty.
- Assist in serving food and beverages to the residents in the dining room if necessary.
- Always maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The Kitchen Steward, upon demonstrating job performance excellence, will be considered for numerous growth opportunities.
The right candidate should have a positive attitude, communicate effectively, work well under pressure and prioritize efficiently with limited supervision.
High school or equivalent diploma.
Previous experience in similar role and knowledge of basic food hygiene.