How to Make Your Marriage Legal in the US Virgin Islands
- Apply for a License from the Superior Court of the Virgin Islands – this can be done in advance by mail. A payment of $100 must accompany the application and should be a money order or cashier’s check made out to the Superior Court of the Virgin Islands.
- The Application must by typed. If divorced or widowed, a certified copy of the divorce decree or spouse’s Death Certificate is required.
- The Application must be received by the Court 8 days or more prior to obtaining the Marriage License.
- The Applicants are required to appear at the Family Division of the Courthouse to pickup the License prior to your ceremony – this is the paperwork Lisa signs, along with two witnesses, immediately after your ceremony. The License fee is $100 and can be paid with a money order, cashier’s check or cash. Valid ID (driver’s license, passport or voter’s registration card) is also required.
- For more information visit The Superior Court of the Virgin Islands
- Here are PDF’s of the Virgin Islands Marriage Info Fact Sheet and the Application for Marriage License
Let’s Get Started
Have something especial in mind? Just drop us a line and we’ll work with you to make your wedding dreams come true.