Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist bar manager with compliance of all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Inspect all aspects of the outlet environment ensuring compliance with standards of cleanliness and order.
- Inspect quality and amounts of garnishes, ensuring agreement to departmental and health standards.
- Anticipate guest’s needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Assist bar manager to ensure that each liquor bottle ordered is backed up by an exchange of an empty bottle of same liquor.
- Must understand and be proficient in use of the Point of Sale (POS) terminal.
- Implement and ensure the company Health, Hygiene & Safety Policy is met at all times.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Assist bar manager in tracking inventories and stock levels within the operation.
- Regularly check storage areas for proper supplies, organization and cleanliness.
- Assist bar manager to inspect, plan and ensure that all materials and equipment are in complete readiness for service; rectify deficiencies with respective personnel.
Gracious and friendly attitude, great attention to detail and talent in guest relations.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Previous experience in similar job role preferred but not necessary.