Duties and Responsibilities
- Trains, cross trains, and retrains all new front office personnel.
- Participates in the selection of front office personnel.
- Schedules the front office staff.
- Supervises workload during shifts.
- Evaluates the job performance of each front office employee.
- Maintains working relationships and communicates with all departments.
- Maintains master key and room key control.
- Verifies that accurate room status information is maintained and properly communicated.
- Resolves guest problems quickly, efficiently, and courteously.
- Updates group information. Maintains, monitors, and prepares group requirements. Relays information to appropriate personnel.
- Reviews and completes credit card transaction report.
- Works within the allocated budget for the front office.
- Receives information from the previous shift associate and passes on pertinent details to the oncoming associate through email.
- Checks cashiers in and out and verifies banks and deposits at the end of each shift.
- Enforces all cash-handling, check, and credit policies.
- Conducts regularly scheduled meetings of front office personnel.
- Wears the proper uniform at all times. Requires all front office employees to wear proper uniforms at all times.
- Upholds the hotel’s commitment to hospitality.
- Prepare performance reports related to front office.
- Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily. Analyze rate variance, monitor revenue performance and maintain close observation of daily house count. Monitor selling status of house daily.
- Monitor high balance guests and take appropriate action.
- Ensure implementation of all hotel policies and house rules.
- Operate all aspects of Front Office computer system, including software maintenance, report generation and analysis, and simple configuration changes.
- Prepare revenue and occupancy forecasting if requested.
- Ensure logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensure that employees are, at all times, attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests managers and other employees.
- Monitor all V.I.P ‘s special guests and requests.
- Maintain required pars of all front office and stationary supplies.
- Review daily front office work and activity reports generated by Night Audit.
- Review Front office email reports and guest feedback on a daily basis.
- Maintain an organized and comprehensive filing system with documentation of purchases, vouchering, schedules, forecasts, reports and tracking logs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Minimum two-year college degree. Must be able to read, speak, write, and understand the primary language used in the workplace.
Minimum of one year of hotel front desk supervisory experience, experience handling cash, accounting procedures, and general administrative tasks.