Duties and Responsibilities
- Cleans hallways and public areas.
- Washes walls and ceilings where needed.
- Sweeps, mops, power washes public walkways and floors.
- Dusts and polishes metalwork.
- Trims dead/damaged foliage regularly and at the direction of management.
- Removes trash collected by room attendants.
- Walk all assigned floors at beginning and end of shift to collect newspapers, trash, soiled linen and beach towels.
- Deliver cots and other items to the guest rooms on requests.
- Perform duties of room attendant when necessary.
- Assist housekeepers with the heavy lifting when super cleaning / spring cleaning of rooms.
- Clean all public areas in the prescribed manner while following department standard operating procedures.
- Remove soiled linen and trash from the pool side and other service area and take to appropriate locations in the prescribed manner.
- Assist housekeeping with placing bed boards, roll-ways beds, extra bed etc.
- Report missing / found articles, damage or merchandise problems to the housekeeping supervisors.
- Respond at all times in a friendly, helpful manner to guests and other colleagues.
- Take up any tasks assigned by the supervisors as and when needed.
- Report to work in required uniform and in adherence with the Hotels Dress Code Policy.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team player.
Speak with others using clear and professional language. Support team to reach common goals. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
High School or equivalent or 1 year diploma in hotel management.
Previous housekeeping experience preferred. Persons with no experience may also be considered.