Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes reservations by email, telephone or central reservation system.
- Processes reservations from the sales office, other hotel departments, and travel agents.
- Knows the type of rooms available as well as their location and layout.
- Knows the selling status, rates, and benefits of all discount plans.
- Knows the deposit policy of the hotel and how to code each reservation.
- Creates and maintains reservation records by date of arrival and alphabetical listing.
- Adheres to room rates determined by the selling tactics of the hotel.
- Dispatches letters of confirmation and deposit receipts by email.
- Communicates special reservation information (example: special room request, do not rent alerts) to all front desk associates by shift reports and detailed notes in reservation comments of MyHMS.
- Processes cancellations and modifications and promptly relays this information to other front desk associates.
- Understands the hotel’s policy on guaranteed reservations and no-shows.
- Processes advance deposits on reservations.
- Tracks future room availabilities on the basis of reservations.
- Helps develop room revenue and occupancy forecasts upon request.
- Prepares expected arrival list for front office use.
- Assists in preregistration activities when appropriate.
- Monitors advance deposit requirements.
- Handles daily correspondence. Responds to inquiries and makes reservations as needed.
- Makes sure that files are kept up to date.
- Maintains a clean and neat appearance and work area at all times.
- Promotes goodwill by being courteous, friendly, and helpful to guests, mangers, and fellow employees.
- Maintain open communicatio with the client and ensure that they secure whatever services they are in need of.
- Get information about areas of interest in order to target more clients in particular seasons.
- Make arrangements for clients wishing to reserve excursion events.
- Track future room availability on the basis of reservations and help develop forecasts for room revenue and occupancy upon request.
- Be aware of all front office procedures and assist with reception duties when required.
- To be fully aware of and adhere to hurricane, health and safety, fire and bomb threat procedures.
- Be willing to undertake any reasonable request made by management in any other areas of the house.
- Open and close the availability as and when required of hotel in all the GDS channels, IDS channels and on the hotel website.
- Configuring rates on the hotels property management system.
High school graduate or equivalent. Must speak, read. Write, and understand the primary language used in the workplace. Must be able to speak and understand the primary language used by the guests who visits the hotel.
Previous hotel-related experience desired. Experience in Hotel software and their functionalities.